Thursday, November 18, 2010

18 Months and counting

18 months...I feel like this is such an accomplishment and I want to break out in the Grammy speech..."I would like to thank my parents, my sister, my mother-in-law for all their help (babysitting and canning), support (and countless dinners), for which I would not be the person I am today.  I would like to thank my family and friends for visiting, chatting and drinking with me...cause I needed it! God for well...being god and of course my sensational husband, for which my life is not complete and I would have gone insane by now if not for his love of doing the laundry, dishes and floors...."  Phew....

For some reason this was the age I had in mind that I could not wait to get to.  I was excited for their 1 year birthday, but 18 months is my golden age.  The girls are not any less work, it is just different.  We can chat and play and their little personalities are shinning through, some times a bit too much but that is all part of being a family!  I finally feel like I may have some influence on who they are becoming.  This may sound like a tall order, but this is the order I am ready to fill, the parenting order.

So lets take a trip down memory lane.  Here are a few pics of the girls...1 year ago. (6 months..not rolling nor sitting on there own and just starting to each that gross rice cereal)



We are having a great time.  The girls are taking off in the learning department that's for sure.  Little Pookie is singin up a storm and Munchie is talking 3 word sentences.  her fav is "I wov u daddy" or "I'm funny" and Pookie is "I have it"  which is about everything she see and is not suppose to have.  Next up is barnyard sounds and every time there is a cat or dog commercial on TV there is the constant "mow or ruf" that fills the room.  In the Night Garden, Dora, Backyardigans and hockey are head turners as far as TV shows go and "berries" are a hit at meal times.



 

Wow...what a difference 1 year makes.

Cheers!
R-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment