Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Mommy, my tummy hurts"

Today I have seen it all...well all that the girls have put in their mouths.  I have been puked on all day...no joke.  I have changed my clothes 4 times, showered twice, have done 5 loads of gooey laundry and have changed the cribs 7 times. Last night at about 4am.  I heard Emily call out for me and thinking it was a sucky issue, I took my time getting to her....4am is not a pleasant time to be up, especially when you only got to bed after 1am.

On the way to her bed I heard the glubbing.....OH NO was all I could think of, I knew exactly what was about to happen.  Before I got to her bed she had done the deed, rolled around and gunked her hair all up in it.  For the next few hours, she would continue to puke, call out for me and I would change her entire bed...then I got smart and started to put a towel down, so as to only change the towel.....By 7am I had her in the tub.

Sophia was not long behind her...there I was, with both girls sick and my husband at work.  This seems to be the Metzgers Law (modeled after Murphy's law)  when Darcy is working something happens, either the girls are sick or fevered, I am sick or a combo of the two.  This year has not been pleasant and I am so hopin for spring flowers soon.

This constant stream of puking in random places continued for 4 days.  My house has not been so clean.  The walls, floors, sliding glass door, windows in our bedroom, cribs and at least a dozen times on me.  Darcy had a few incidents too including one in his truck.

Today it all seemed to have come to an end.  Here's to hopin' Darcy or I do not follow suit!  Next week, a whole new handfull.....MM is on vacation...Yikes!
Cheers
R-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment