Monday, April 26, 2010

Keepin in Touch - 11 Months

Many remarkable events happen in my daily life , although as an "on maternity leave" mom, some of the routine of being at home can get stale...so staying in touch with family and friends is my welcome relief to the "mummumumum" and "ahhhh" that tend to fill my day. oh..lets not forget the crying!

Below is a recent e-mail update I sent to family and friends.

wow...we are almost at 1 year. It is hard to believe that I have been off work for 13+ months and all that has happened......so now the count down for me to go back to work is on....June 1. Mixed emotions for me and I'm sure a lot of tears..but we have a whole month+ to party before that happens....

Our house is SOLD...a bit of drama at the end but the deal is done. Now comes the packing....I guess I can handle that knowing the prize at the end! If anyone has boxes they can give us we would greatly appreciate it......please let us know or drop them by...

The girls are stellar...and doing more each day. Emily is getting herself up to a sitting position and pulling herself up on stuff...and Sophia is trying to pull herself up but only gets to her knees and then moves on to something else....short attention span I think..... Both girls are chatters..if I have not mentioned that before, a true Rellinger (or Van Merlo) trait according to Darcy and Uncle Dave. Sophia has 2 more top teeth (which makes 6)..while Emily only has her bottom 2 teeth with 2 top ones just peeking through but that does not stop them from eating just about anything you give them....including sweaters and hood strings! you think that Sophia is leaning in to give you a kiss, but she swoops down and bites your shirt..then looks at you (with shirt in mouth) and laughs...

Both girls like to touch, pull hair, steal toys, socks and laugh at each other...every time I go and get the video camera to capture these precious moments...it has passed. But I did capture one just recently....Sophia is becoming famous for pushing herself backwards and getting under furniture....and well this time she backed herself around the couch and wedged in beside the wall and coffee table...it was the cutest thing to watch. Emily kept looking around the corner in disbelief, wondering how she got there but more importantly..why??

The girls have also been going to daycare once a week for the past few weeks......a welcome relief for me and I am making the most of my free time!...thanks Michelle for fitting us in...

take care everyone, drop us a line or just drop by.

R-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment