Monday, May 10, 2010

WM or SAHM

As I make mental preparations for going back to work, it strikes me that I will be a "working mom" So why the labels "working mom" and "stay at home mom." Is one title making the other title jealous or any less of a mom or career women? We make a choice to become a parent and that helps define us but that is not all we are. I feel a bit torn with making the decision to go back to work, financially it is great and I like my job, so maybe that makes the decision a bit easier. I hope that I am setting a good example for my girls and I hope that daycare will do them good. What I do know is that the change will do us all good....

Meanwhile, back at my regularly scheduled life.....
Princess pookie shoves a whole arrowroot cookie in her mouth and tries to smile at me...wanting me to jump up and take it out, but not this time..I watched as the mushy runny cookie drool oozed out of her mouth. She was using both hands to keep it all in there while she chewed and she did it...what a mess to clean up..oh well.. good thing daddy does the laundry!

I hope that I will not be missing out on stuff,(knowing that I will be as I write this) I guess that is the scary part and that is the part that makes me wonder. The other side of the daycare coin is that daddy will be on "duty" 2 days a week...what a comfort to know that he will be making memories and telling me, working mom, all about his day with excitement in his voice. Photos, lots and lots of photos.....

R- xo

No comments:

Post a Comment