So far lessons learned - and we have not even moved yet!
- do not share your moving plans with family unless you like the, oh I would have done it this way..or why do that? converstaions,
- do not constantly talk about the move with your husband as I quickly learned we both have different ideas of how to move and could of just saved the anxiety between us to one day instead of 3 weeks..
- do not start back to work 2 weeks before you move - definaltly would not do this again!
- do accept help from anyone and everyone who offers..in fact nail down a day and time when they ask…this way they cannot make "other plans".
- do not stop grocery shopping - you end up eating everything in your freezer you did not want to eat any other time….like cereal and frozen bread/bagels (toasted) for lunch with 4 kinds of frozen veggies…and expired chocolate…5 days in a row!
- do stock up at the liquor store (you are not going to move it anyways..)…packing is much better when you carry your glass of wine around with you as you pack
- do not pack the booze first!!!big no, no not sure what I was thinkin when I did that?!?
- do not mention to your husband that for fun..maybe we should "get jiggy with it" in each room before we leave…they are like elephants..they never forget!
R - xo